4.12.2006

Silk-Tie Dyed Easter Eggs: Part 1

On Martha Stewart's show today they showed how to die Easter Eggs with silk ties. When the segment came on I thought, "This is going to be way too hard and complicated"—no, it's looks rather easy and with beautiful results. So I went to the thrift store and bought silk ties for $1 a piece (one tie will do about 5 or 6 eggs). Your best best would be to get silk scarves or ties with lots of different colors in the patterns and depending on the way you wrap your egg, they will all be different. I'm trying this tonight, will post results tomorrow. Check here for the direct link on Martha's site: Silk-Tie Dyed Easter Eggs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I did it and it turned out perfectly. It was fun. Unwrapping them was interesting because you never knew how well an egg would turn out until it was done....

Anonymous said...

What kind of pot did you use. The instructions say glass or enamel. I don't have either. I have Calphalon. Will that work?