4.24.2006

Inspire Me Thursday


The challenge for "Inspire Me Thursday" is "Finding The Art in the Everyday". This is my first IMT Challenge that I've participated in, but I've been admiring it from afar for awhile. I found everyday objects in my studio that are not all that interesting sitting alone, but put in a grouping, they are far more engaging. I grouped these items on my scanner in an effort to make it feel like a collection of sorts. I used paper clips, a sticker, a leaf, scraps of paper, beads, seeds, nail file, plastic fork, stamp, rubberband, playdough, toothpick, old school photo, etc. After I scanned it, I played with it in Photoshop. I ended up with using the one with the cutout filter to give it an abstract, graphic poster type feel. I look forward to the next challenge. :-)

4 comments:

carla said...

This is a great composition, and I agree that the cutout filter works really well with the pieces you have here. I also really like the black background. the whole piece is nicely composed with a wonderful balance of shapes and colors. This looks like it was fun to do:>

Kim Carney said...

I really love that.

Anonymous said...

Love your everyday Found Objects Art!

Monica said...

The black background makes the colors and shapes pop. I love it!
P.S. Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it!